What is HTML?
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is used to create a structure of your website. It is easy to learn and you can create cool static websites just by using HTML.
HTML consists of a series of elements and tags to create a structure or a framework of your web page.
A Simple HTML Document
Here is the output
All about HTML elements
An HTML element consists of the “Start Tag” some content “End Tag”.
For Eg: <h1> My first document </h1>
The “<h1>” tag is the start tag of heading followed by the content and then “</h1>” which is the end tag.
NOTE – In some of the HTML elements, we do not put any content neither they have an end tag. For Eg: “<br>” – Line Break Tag. These are called empty elements.
HTML Page structure
This is how an HTML page is created and structure while creating any website
Points to remember -
- The <Doctype html> tag is used to determine the document type and that this document is an HTML 5 document.
- The <html> element is known as the root element of the Html document.
- The <head> tag contains all the meta information of the webpage.
- The <title> element is used to give a title for the HTML page (shown in the browser’s title bar or in the page’s tab)
- The <body> element defines the document’s body, and is a container for all the visible contents, such as headings, paragraphs, images, hyperlinks, tables, lists, etc.